Perfect Lime Parfaits
Prep time :
30 - 45 minutes chill time
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine gelatin and cold water in a measuring cup until softened. Beat egg yolks in a medium saucepan; stir in 3/4 cup of sugar and softened gelatin mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves and mixture coats a spoon. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in lime juice and rind. Tint green with food coloring.
- Chill in refrigerator until mixture mounds softly when dropped from a spoon.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar until firm peaks form. Beat whipping cream in a medium bowl until stiff. Reserve 1/2 cup for garnish.
- Fold egg whites, then whipped cream into thickened lime mixture. Spoon into individual parfait glasses. Decorate each with a spoonful of whipped cream and lime zest.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Nancy Lockhart :: sugg :: Tina :: HODGSONTJ :: Judi :: TORYANN :: Ann T :: mschele :: dsmith :: Vanessa A :: Dumpling Fan :: caitlynharper :: Lindsee Dickerson :: mel :: Brenda :: Angela :: Carolyn :: Diane B :: Shelley W :: lmc