Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
4 - 6 servings
- 1/2 cup salted pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Chopped pistachios, as garnish, if desired
- Place pistachios in bowl of a food processor, pulsing until nuts are ground into very small pieces. Add sugar and water, pulsing to blend until paste-like. Remove from food processor.
- Place pistachio mixture into a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add milk and whisk until mixture is hot.
- While milk is heating, combine sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and salt, whisking until smooth.
- Pour a ladle of hot pistachio milk into sugar and egg mixture. Whisk together until incorporated. Return mixture to saucepan over medium low heat and allow to cook until thickened, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla extract, until butter is melted and incorporated. Press pudding through a mesh strainer set over a bowl. Cover bowl with a layer of plastic wrap that is touching pudding and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or until set and chilled. Serve with chopped pistachios as garnish, if desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: mrsghost360 :: Liz :: conman :: Reesie :: hank :: Granny D :: JC :: vaughnsgirl88 :: Jennifer :: Joy Rajnish Walmer :: Vickie :: Carol M A :: Amber Krueger :: KarlaS :: darlene :: Sophia L :: natero :: chamvela :: Rosalia A :: Melissa C