Pumpkin-Cranberry Bread Pudding with Hot Buttered Rum Sauce
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
12 - 14 servings
- 2 loaves unsliced white bread, cut into cubes
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon light rum
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon (for sprinkling) Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13X9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place bread cubes on a cookie sheet and put in oven for 10 minutes to dry. Once dry, place bread cubes in pan and sprinkle dried cranberries and pecans over the top.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar. Add milk, cream, pumpkin, rum and spices - whisking well.
- Pour pudding mixture over bread cubes and let set for 10-12 minutes until bread is well-soaked. Dab butter pieces on top, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and bake for about 45 minutes.
- To make sauce: Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat. Whisk in sugar. Add rum and mix well. Add cream quickly, whisking constantly. Turn heat to low and cook, whisking constantly for about 2 minutes.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: mrskk78 :: Amy :: Amanda :: jessica :: Qua :: eric singletary :: kristiegentry :: chefpatt :: HT :: Tracy S :: Joyce Mitchell :: Chef Coletta :: Maureen C :: E Spence :: 262Nina :: Cindy Nelson :: dawnrebollo :: Nicole G :: Linda S :: Camie S