Arroz Con Leche
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:20 to 0:25
- 1 cup rice (short grain such as Arborio)
- 2 cups water
- Milk (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lime (no white bitter part)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk or half and half
- Bring rice and water in a saucepan to a boil. Turn to low simmer and cover with lid. Cook without stirring on low until rice is tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and measure rice in a measuring cup. Transfer rice to pan and add equal amount of milk (as rice). Add sugar, vanilla extract, salt, lime zest and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir to boil and turn to simmer. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Cook until mixture rice has thickened and is creamy. Remove from heat.
- Add butter and additional milk or half and half.
- Serve warm or cold. If desired stir in additional half and half to obtain desired creamy texture.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: anita w :: Josh Parham CIM :: Missyrn21 :: Maria P :: Karla Marroquin :: Beth S :: Joy Perrine :: AshLarramore :: kayla :: Orchid79 :: LatoyaHorlback :: thuyn :: Erica :: stacey :: gpearson :: Virginia Sanchez :: ChefErin :: J M B :: amoore :: Mary Ann