Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
6 - 10 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup brandy, rum or cognac
- Cinnamon powder
- Optional: Whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180°F.
- Place milk and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Then, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a different bowl, whisk eggs until stiff and add 3/4 cup sugar.
- Remove cinnamon stick from milk mixture and carefully add milk to eggs.
- Prepare a thick caramel sauce using rest of sugar. Caramelize recipient in which you are going to bake pudding. Mix breadcrumbs, milk mixture and liquor and pour into caramelized recipient.
- Prepare a double boiler. Cook mixture in a double boiler for about 45 minutes in oven.
- Remove from oven, let cool and turn it out. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder and top with whipped cream for serving, as desired.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Jo :: Lynn L :: thriftymomof3 :: Lynda K :: linshump :: Kristin :: DH :: lorena l :: Brandy Sparkman :: Andrea :: Sara P :: Leslie DiTocco :: Melissa M :: JJ :: Meme :: Courtney L Currie :: Dawn :: Debra P :: Carleen Connor :: toniad