Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Chill time 4 hours
- 6 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (13.5 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups half and half
- Optional: 2 tablespoons coconut rum
- 4 tablespoons grated unsweetened coconut, preferably frozen type
- Blackberries, as desired
- Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- If you desire to un-mold the coconut flan after baking then melt butter and brush ramekins with melted butter and then sprinkle with granulated sugar. Set aside. For serving in ramekin, omit this step.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and yolks together, add sugar and whisk quickly to make mixture smooth.
- Add coconut milk, half and half, liquor if using and coconut. Evenly pour in ramekins and place on a cookie sheet. Place in oven.
- Depending on size of ramekin used, baking time will vary. The custard is set when it no longer trembles when ramekin is tapped. About 60 to 80 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Place in a refrigerator. To un-mold, let chill for at least 4 hours and run point of a knife around the edge. Turn upside down onto a serving plate.
- Serve with blackberries or mango and sprinkle with confectioners powdered sugar.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Patsy :: Claire D :: PAULETTE :: Jesseeas5945 :: MelonieEvans :: Amanda M :: carolinerosado :: Kay :: jinsette :: Stephanie M :: Jessina S :: will :: Shestump :: joel M :: Clare K :: melissa :: lisa :: Linda Shimel :: amycanipe :: twalkgirl2