Layered Banana Pudding in a Mason Jar
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Refrigerate 2 hours
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 4 eggs yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 4 cups vanilla wafer cookies
- 6 canning jars (12-16 ounces)
- 3 bananas, sliced
- Combine sugar, corn starch and salt in a 2-quart heavy saucepan. Gradually add whipping cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Place egg yolks into a medium bowl. Gradually add about half of the hot mixture to the egg yolks; stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla; stirring until well blended.
- Beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream and sugar in a chilled medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Layer cookies, bananas, pudding whipping cream in mason jars; repeat layers. Cover refrigerate 2 hours.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Lisa S :: Jamie V :: Betty Jo :: Drewsmom :: artie party :: Deborah :: Mary Z :: MonAlmond :: astone :: Pen3159 :: Mimi C :: Crystal Whitmire :: BECKY CUMBEE :: Bobby :: Brandi Gonzales :: JK :: BJ :: cheflisa :: g u :: Jolie