Shrimp Pad Thai Salad
Prep time :
2 main dish servings
- 4 cups purple cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 2 cup Romaine lettuce, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek
- 1 tablespon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh shrimp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the Salad: Combine the cabbage, Romaine, bell pepper, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl and toss to distribute then ingredients.
- For the Dressing: In a small jar, combine the dressing ingredients and shake to combine.
- For the Shrimp: Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often, just until the shrimp are pink and slightly opaque. Sprinkle with the salt and remove from heat.
- Add the shrimp to the salad mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve with the prepared dressing and garnish with the crushed peanuts.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Michelle D :: Janet Kindley :: Amanda Dudley :: Becky :: amanda :: sam b :: Michelle :: SweetLinda :: shan :: Charles B :: Connie J :: ms. wendy :: Rebecca S :: Krystle Bridges :: Gina W :: tanya :: Brenda G :: leslie howard :: coupontestdbk :: asigurat