Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:30 to 0:35
- 1 small-medium pumpkin (about 5 lbs)
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 (1/2 stick) cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut pumpkin in half; remove stringy flesh and seeds. Cut pumpkin into 1-inch cubes (may remove skin or leave on). Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 15 uncovered minutes or until tender.
- Remove pumpkin with a slotted spoon reserving water.
- Measure 1-1/2 cups pumpkin water into saucepan. Add brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add back pumpkin; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until syrup thickens.
- Serve pumpkin with milk or cream, if desired.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Phillip B :: Lynn C :: Michelle P :: aaaa :: liz :: lexis :: Annette A :: tonya :: Jennifer :: Patty :: Laurie :: Jean R :: Hollie :: msdiane2u :: cheryl :: ms dees :: snferguson :: jpm1108 :: MizzP :: Rhonda T