Churros Dessert Nachos
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 8 small flour taco-size tortillas
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup fudge topping
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche or caramel topping
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice each tortilla into 6 wedges. Combine granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Brush both sides of tortilla wedges with butter, and completely coat in cinnamon sugar. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 5 minutes. Flip tortillas and cook an additional 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar once removed from oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, warm fudge topping and stir in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Taste and add additional spices if desired.
- Prepare Cinnamon Whipped Cream - In a medium mixing bowl fitted with an electric mixer, beat the cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon on medium-high speed until still peaks form. Taste and fold in additional cinnamon if desired.
- Pile baked tortilla chips on a serving platter and top with ice cream, mexican hot fudge sauce, and dulce de leche. Top with cinnamon whipped cream and serve immediately.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: agent :: LSU :: Marie :: jyushun :: Coupon Crazy :: jschardt :: dan :: lpg :: Vgre :: Gail G :: LeslieReed :: mandywicker :: MRSGAYLOR :: Marie White :: misty hall :: JULIETTE B :: Sue H :: Jo :: Carmen V :: Pigstickers BBQ