Prep time :
Fry 5 minutes
- 3 - 4 medium sized very ripe plantains (with lots of black spots)
- 1 cup oil
- 4 teaspoons Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Pinch salt
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peel plantains and cut lengthwise in 5 equal pieces. Heat oil to 365°F in a saucepan or sauté pan.
- Carefully place several plantain pieces in oil and fry about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and a very light sprinkle of salt.
- Place in bowl and if desired serve with ice cream.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Lorena :: joline :: Masterblaster :: Kelly P :: Marie B :: tcc :: Joanz22 :: Joel Gunn :: jennifer burnette :: Paula N :: Kim B :: Blondefl :: Missy J :: Laura B :: Kelly :: Judy :: Charmaine E :: rebbb :: Ronald Holden :: Sammy Marshall