- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lasagna
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brown meat in oil. Add garlic (whole). Add rest of ingredients and cook/simmer about 1 hour over medium. If too thick, add water, but it should be pretty thick.
- Cook lasagna according to package, drain and set aside. Mix ricotta cheese and beaten eggs.
- Use a 9 x 13 inch pan. Put in layer of sauce to coat bottom of pan. Then put a layer of lasagna, top with ricotta cheese mixture. Next sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, top with some sauce, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Then repeat. Top should be layer of lasagna, topped with sauce and grated cheese. Bake about 30 minutes at 400°F or until bubbly.
- Add grated parmesan cheese to taste.
This Family Favorite Lasagna recipe has been submitted by one of our Dixie Crystals friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.