Easter Egg Cake Truffles
Prep time :
24 - 30 servings
- 1 prepared cake, this can be your favorite cake recipe or from a box
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 22 ounces candy coating
- In large bowl, crumble cake into coarse crumbs. Cover and set aside.
- Beat together butter, sour cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add frosting to cake crumbs and stir until well combined and easily moldable.
- Remove a walnut sized portion of cake mixture and roll into a shape similar to an egg. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and continue until all done. Chill to make it easier to dip them.
- While truffles chill, melt candy coating according to package directions.
- Gently drop a truffle into melted candy coating and completely coat. Take out with a fork. Gently tap fork on side of bowl to remove excess coating. Place on a sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper and allow to set. You can decorate with sprinkles, edible markers or other colors of candy coating. Let your imagination run wild!
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Chef A. Dawg :: ahatch :: dee :: scott b :: DPat01 :: lesbrad :: MLG :: ladivelvet :: kayla moffatt :: Marilyn derks :: Jeanina W :: Callie Tissi :: CBonnett :: Sharon T :: Melissa :: Bobbi H :: Donald Reed :: cheryl :: CynD :: Cheryl Ruehling