Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats
Prep time :
6 - 12 Easter Eggs depending on size of cookie cutter
- Rice Krispie® Treats (either homemade or store-bought)
- Royal Icing
- Food coloring
- Optional: Additional squeezable icings
- If making homemade, prepare Rice Krispies Treats.
- Using an egg shaped cookie cutter, cut Rice Krispie Treats into egg shapes. If using store-bought treats, you may have to place two treats side-by-side depending on the size of the cookie cutter.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper over treats and gently and evenly press down to flatten top. Do not flatten completely.
- Prepare royal icing. Seperate into bowls and tint colors based on your preference.
- Using white royal icing in a piping bag, cover top of Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treat completely. Leave about a 1/4" edge around the outside. Use a toothpick to gently push the icing all the way to the edge.
- Next, use different shades of royal icing (and different tips) to get creative with the Easter egg designs.
- Let dry overnight and store in an airtight container.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: momwag46 :: michellestroud :: gary tench :: SHARON FOLKER :: tericka tate :: Lindsey W :: AngMc :: Liz :: Kelly B :: Vicky R :: bill mcdermott :: Janice :: Brenda M :: Joellen T :: Jomico89 :: ronw2 :: Cindy :: ShunTina Williams :: lwide :: yenta