Sweet Potato Candied Yams
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Bake at 400°F for 1 hour, until potatoes are soft to touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- While potatoes are baking, combine remaining ingredients in a sauce pan; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Slice potatoes 1/2 inch thick into a medium dish. Pour sauce over potatoes and place under the broiler for a few minutes to create a caramelized finish.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: karan r :: JeanM :: Miranda Kelley :: Melissa :: ojlindsey :: Sherri :: Liz Tapia :: Ashleyk :: Phyllis D :: wck :: Leann S :: heather :: melissa :: jj :: Alma F :: amberlatera :: dee :: Joan :: Chanchal1 :: terri daniel