4 hours chill time
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, no white bitter pith
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups premium white chocolate chips
- Orange food color/paste
- Yellow food color/paste
- In a crisscross pattern place 2 sheets of parchment paper on a 9 x 13 inch cookie sheet, ensure an overhang of paper. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- With the exception of white chocolate chips combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. On medium heat stir to a boil using a heat resistant spatula.
- Once boiling keep stirring for 5 more minutes retaining an even boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour enough fudge in measuring cup to obtain 2 1/8 cups. Pour measured amount immediately onto prepared cookie sheet and spread evenly using an offset spatula. Set aside.
- Measure another 2 1/8 cups of fudge and set aside for later. Add a few drops of orange food coloring to remaining fudge in saucepan and slightly reheat while stirring. (Do not return to a boil!) Once fudge is pourable again pour onto white fudge layer and spread evenly. Place in freezer.
- Wash saucepan to remove any remaining orange fudge. Pour in remaining fudge into saucepan and add a few drops of yellow food color. Reheat until pourable and pour onto orange layer, spread evenly.
- Wait at least 4 hours before cutting. You can place fudge in refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- Pull fudge out pan by grabbing parchment edges. To simulate candy corn cut a 1/4 inch strip and cut into triangles. Fudge can also be cut in any shape desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Note: When selecting white chocolate ensure to use real white chocolate and not a product which simulates it. Real chocolate is always made with pure cocoa butter and does not contain any other fats.