Cool for 4+ hours
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 7 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, soft
- 5 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups premium white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon green food color paste
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Set aside a parchment lined or well buttered non stick cookie sheet.
- Combine and sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- With hand held mixer or stand mixer beat soft butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add egg white and vanilla extract. Add sifted ingredients and mix until dough forms, do not overmix.
- Roll dough 1/8 inch thick between 2 sheets of plastic food wrap.
- Remove top plastic sheet and flip upside down onto prepared cookie sheet. Remove remaining plastic.
- Place in oven and bake until the surface is set and feels slightly firm, about 11-13 minutes.
- When cooled break into pieces and set aside.
- In a crisscross pattern place 2 sheets of parchment paper on a 10x10-inch pan, ensure an overhang of paper. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- With the exception of white chocolate chips combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. On medium heat stir to a boil using a heat resistant spatula.
- Once boiling keep stirring for 5 more minutes retaining an even boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and food color.
- Carefully pour mixtutre into prepared pan. Gently swirl cookie crumbs into fudge.
- Wait at least 4 hours before cutting. You can place fudge in refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- Pull fudge out pan by grabbing parchment edges. Fudge can be cut in any shape desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
- When selecting white chocolate ensure to use real white chocolate and not a product which simulates it. Real chocolate is always made with pure cocoa butter and does not contain any other fats.
- Green food paste is preferable as it will not add extra liquid into the recipe.
- When in a time crunch, 1-1/2 cups of broken chocolate wafer cookies can be substituted for the homemade cookies.