Frankenstein Marshmallow Pops
Prep time :
Allow Icing to dry completely.
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 24 large marshmallows
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 48 candy eyeballs
- green gel food coloring
- black gel food coloring
- Measure 2 cups powdered sugar and sift it into mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Add egg whites and lemon juice.
- Using a paddle attachment on low speed, beat ingredients until just combined then mix on high speed for 7 minutes or until Royal Icing is thick and holds its shape.
- Divide icing into bowls. Put about 2/3 in one bowl for green icing and use 1/3 in another bowl for black icing.
- Add green food coloring to bowl with 2/3 of icing, and mix until you get desired color. Slowly add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until icing is smooth and you can dip marshmallows.
- Add black food coloring to other bowl of icing. Mix until you get desired color. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing plastic directly onto icing. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place a lollipop stick into each marshmallow. Dip marshmallows into green icing, shake off excess, and use a knife to smooth if necessary. Let icing harden completely.
- Once green icing is dry, attach the candy eyeballs by placing a small dot of black icing on back of each eyeball, and placing on marshmallow. Hold in place until eye adheres.
- Place black icing in a piping bag with a small round tip (#2 or #3). Pipe a mouth, scars, and hair on to each marshmallow pop. Let harden completely before serving.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: april :: j :: bettye nelson :: dustin :: tbattag :: Tammy :: Stephanie H :: lisa :: chrystal da bomb garcia :: Laura A :: TMO :: Virginia L :: VT :: beach4me :: Barb :: Kes :: AY :: RebeccaC :: Jeanette C :: meg