Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
20 - 24 Meringues
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Black Icing Gel, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add in sugar a little at a time and increase mixer speed to high. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place meringue mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe swirls on prepared baking sheet. Bake meringues until dry, roughly 1 hour. After an hour, turn off oven and allow meringues to dry completely in cooling oven.
- When cool, pipe eyes and mouths onto meringue ghosts with black icing gel. Keep stored in air-tight container.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: carlwilson :: Julie F :: Lynda :: d :: Andrea S :: k B :: stacy :: BETSY :: Anita E :: Ellie :: kc :: Linda Lopez :: Kim :: Jennifer G :: JoAnn Strokis :: Sheri V :: Amber :: mike :: Anna :: Megan Strayer