Red Hot Devil Ice Cream
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Freeze 4+ hours
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup red cinnamon candies
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 4 teaspoons crushed red cinnamon candies
- Red chocolate candy melts
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and sugar until warm and sugar is dissolved.
- Place 1/2 cup cinnamon candies into a bowl, pour warm milk over, and steep for 30 minutes, discard candies, then chill cinnamon milk in refrigerator.
- Combine cinnamon milk, heavy cream, and food coloring and churn in a counter-top ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Once finished, add crushed cinnamon candies, mix with spatula to distribute candies. Portion into freezer-safe containers and freeze 4 hours.
- While ice cream is freezing, prepare devil horns and tails. Melt candy melts according to package directions. Use a piping bag or a plastic storage bag with corner snipped to pipe devil horns and tails onto wax paper. Let these decorations set at room temperature until they harden and assemble as shown.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: gayle :: katie :: Vijay33 :: Stef84 :: Linda C :: steph :: Chefina :: Karen C :: Jennifer Hutchinson :: regina wilder :: Pete :: Jo Ann N :: Mrsfundy :: sam m :: Nancy Little :: LouVerigan :: kim spencer :: Debbie :: Sherrie K :: mcrubaugh01