- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 pounds Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two 12 cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Thoroughly mix together pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and eggs in a large mixing bowl with a rubber spatula. Add both sugar and brown sugar and mix thoroughly. Next, add buttermilk and vegetable oil and thoroughly combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients. In batches, add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mixing with a spatula. Be careful, don’t over mix.
- Using a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop, measure rounded cookie scoops into the cupcake liners or measure using a 1/4 cup measuring cup and transfer to the cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes or until the top bounces back to touch and when placing a toothpick in center of a cupcake, it comes out clean. Set aside cupcakes and allow to cool.
- In a stand mixer bowl or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, add cream cheese and butter and mix until thoroughly combined. Add powdered sugar in two batches and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream and mix on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add maple syrup and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Store frosting in refrigerator if not using immediately.
- Using a piping bag with coupler and tip or an offset spatula, frost cupcakes.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Julie Deily @TheLittleKitchen