Red White and Blue Cupcakes
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:22 to 0:25
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 cups (16 ounce container) whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Red and blue food coloring
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Divide batter evenly between three bowls. Dye one bowl red and one bowl blue. Leave one bowl white.
- Evenly distribute blue batter, white batter and red batter in cups. Use a spoon to gently spread each layer to edge of cup and fully cover layer beneath.
- Fill paper cups 3/4 full. Do not overfill as this may cause poor rising.
- Place in oven and bake until center of cupcakes spring back when lightly pressed with a finger- usually around 22-25 minutes but follow package directions. Some pans are smaller and others are larger so time may vary.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla in a chilled large bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cupcakes with whipped cream icing and decorate as desired.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Anita M :: amanda s :: Rachel Pinson :: Maureen G :: Renee :: maritza0130 :: Joe Francoeur :: sarah :: JeanneZie :: Amanda K :: neeya :: Chef Candy :: Dawn R :: jeri :: Shannon L :: Caitlyn A :: Cindy :: andreannah :: golfergirl :: BARBARA K