- 3/4 cup oil such as grape seed, olive or canola oil
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas, 3-4
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a standard (9 x 5 x 3-inch or 8 1/4 x 4 x 2 1/2 inch) size loaf pan or use baking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together oil, sugar, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla using a whisk or spatula.
- Sift together remaining ingredients and stir into above ingredients.
- Scrape batter into pan and place in oven. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing or cutting.