Dessert Matzah Pizza with Chocolate, Strawberries and Salted Caramel
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pieces of matzah
- ½ block (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- First, make salted caramel sauce. Heat sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat while stirring with a spatula until sugar turns into a rust brown liquid, about 5 minutes. Don’t let it burn!
- Add in butter and let caramel bubble. Stir until melted. Then, slowly pour in the cream and whisk. Remove from heat and stir in salt. Cool.
- To make pizza, preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place matzah in a single layer on the cookie sheet. In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder and salt until combined. Carefully spread on matzah pieces, making sure not to break matzah. Bake for 2-3 minutes until warm. Top with strawberry slices, mint, and drizzle with salted caramel. Serve immediately.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Amy Kritzer @whatjewwannaeat.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Angela B :: baker c :: rw :: dkill23 :: Jennifer83 :: Caroline M :: Erin C :: josh Ross :: Alana :: BeckyB :: Cecily Bates :: lcjones0519 :: firstbrownie :: curlyv22 :: brenda :: kc :: kaylin :: Tiffaney Wham :: lynne :: DG R