- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, diced
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20-25 creme de menthe chocolate candies
Creme de Menthe Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1-2 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 3 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Optional: Few drops of green food coloring
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper leaving about 2 inches of paper hanging over the sides. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over a low to medium flame. Remove from heat and whisk in sugars and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gently, fold in flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Arrange chocolate candy on top. (They will sink slightly into brownie while going into oven.)
- Bake brownie for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out with little moist crumbs attached.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely into pan on a wire rack.
Creme de Menthe Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, with paddle attachment on, add cream cheese, butter and creme de menthe. Beat on low speed until fluffy. Add powder sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing sugar into frosting before adding more. Once all sugar is incorporated, add a little heavy cream and few drops of green food coloring, if using, to reach desired consistency and color.
- With an offset spatula, spread frosting over cooled brownies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a heatproof bowl, add chopped chocolate, heavy cream and butter. Set bowl over a small pan with simmering water (make sure the bowl does not touch the water) and cook, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour ganache over chilled frosting. Let the ganache set completely before cutting into bars.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.