Shamrock Mint Chocolate Pie
Prep time :
Freeze 4 hours
One 8-inch pie
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green gel food color
- 2 (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8-inch) store bought oreo pie crust
- Crème Chantilly
- Green/gold sprinkles
- Chocolate coins
- Using an electric beater or stand mixer, whisk heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Add peppermint extract and green gel food color and beat until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together instant pudding mix and milk.
- Fold in whipped cream into pudding mixture, until well combined. Pour into pie shell.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, take pie out of the freezer for about 10 minutes. Top with creme Chantilly, green and gold sprinkles, and chocolate gold coins, if desired. Slice with a sharp knife and serve.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Ashlee L Turnham :: MozellD :: stanley514 :: LisaC :: jap :: Angie :: bridget t :: altersphinx :: cassandra c :: Lynn :: Jessica :: Deb :: halette :: Sharon C :: dorothy herman :: Tracie :: Carmella W :: niki :: Kristin Nelms :: Deonte Jones