- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons egg white
- Crème Chantilly
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen peaches defrosted or 4-5 very ripe peaches
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Grate butter on the large “eyes” of a box grater directly onto sifted ingredients.
- Pour in milk and combine ingredients just until dough forms. Do not overmix as this makes shortcakes tough.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough about 1/2 inch thick. Use a 2 1/2 inch diameter round cutter to cut rounds. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Combine almonds, sugar and egg white. Sprinkle onto biscuits and place in the oven. Bake until light golden, about 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Prepare crème Chantilly. Cut shortcakes horizontally in half. Fill with crème Chantilly.
- Place peach slices on top and cover with remaining shortcake half. Serve immediately.