Momma’s Thanksgiving Slaw
Prep time :
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) of shredded angle hair coleslaw
- 1 medium size red onion-sliced
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup canola
- In large bowl (that has a lid) alternate in layers cabbage and red onion.
- For sauce: In small pot or saucepan mix together sugar, dry mustard, celery seed, salt and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add canola oil to the pot. Bring to a boil again.
- Pour sugar-vinegar mixture over cabbage and onions. DO NOT STIR!!! Cover and refrigerate overnight. You can make this up to 3 days before serving, which makes it a perfect make-ahead dish for Thanksgiving or any meal.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: ev :: tifmye2 :: k :: grandma-in-training :: mattcon :: Kandee A :: Deborah Langford :: KAYBLUM :: frances :: nk81399 :: jennifer a :: doughgirl :: katie :: winilou13 :: Trenton Fisher :: Tina West :: Laura B :: BigAL :: cassyj :: Patty Martin