Bunny Bum Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheese Ball
Kids will have a hopping good time when they devour this adorable Easter treat! Chocolate cream cheese is rolled in coconut and adorned with a fluffy tail and marshmallow feet to look like a hilarious bunny bum.
Kids will have fun making and eating this delicious Easter snack. Let them have fun with it and get creative. This cheese ball is a guaranteed conversation piece when it is placed on your Easter table!
- Chocolate Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Bunny Bum Decorations
- 3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 jumbo marshmallow
- 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons bright pink sugar
- Green Coconut Grass
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Green food coloring
- Gummy carrots
- Graham crackers, cookies or pretzels for dipping
- Prepare chocolate cheese ball mixture: Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt and beat until well combined.
- Stir in melted chocolate, and then add cocoa powder.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Prepare bunny bum decorations: Once chilled, scoop out about 3 tablespoons of cheese ball mixture and roll into a small ball for the bunny’s tail.
- Roll remaining mixture into a large ball then set in the middle of a serving platter and flatten slightly to create the bunny’s bum.
- Roll small cheese ball in shredded coconut.
- Press the tail on top of the larger cheese ball.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut all over the large cheese ball, pressing it so that it sticks.
- Remove any excess coconut from the serving platter.
- Cut jumbo marshmallow in half so you have 2 oval shaped pieces for bunny’s paws.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over sticky sides of marshmallows.
- Set that side down on your work surface and press down on marshmallow halves to make each oval a bit larger.
- Using a brush, paint water in the shape of toes and pad on top of each marshmallow paw.
- Sprinkle pink sugar over marshmallow and then shake off excess.
- Lean the 2 marshmallow paws opposite the tail on the bunny bum so that toes face down.
- Prepare green coconut grass: Pour coconut into a zip top bag, add a few drops of green food coloring, and shake until well coated.
- Sprinkle green coconut around the bunny bum cheese ball and decorate with gummy carrots, if desired.
- Serve with graham crackers, cookies, or pretzels for dipping.