Bunny Rice Krispie Treats
This super easy Easter treat honors our hard-working cotton tailed friend. These adorable marshmallow snacks are perfect for a school party, after-school treat, as an Easter basket surprise or Easter dinner dessert. Wrap them up in a cellophane bag and tie with a pretty ribbon, and they become a sweet gift for a teacher or friend.
- Rice Krispie®Treats (either store-bought or homemade)
- White candy melts
- Candy eyes
- Regular sized marshmallows (one per bunny)
- Pink colored sugar
- Royal icing
- Pink candy wafer/large round sprinkle
- Long chocolate sprinkles
- Round cookie or biscuit cutter
- Prepare Royal Icing and load into a piping bag or squeeze bottle. Choose an icing tip with a small opening.
- Cut the marshmallow treats into circles with a cookie cutter. (If using store-bought Rice Krispie® Treats, you may need to place two bars side-by-side to be large enough to cut the circle.)
- Using scissors, trim the point off of the white candy melt. Attempt to make it as flat as possible. (Little chefs will require help here.)
- Press the white candy melt (cut side down) onto your round Rice Krispie® Treat until the bottom of the candy melt sits flush with the top of the treat. Lift the candy melt up and place a small drop of Royal Icing in the indention and replace the candy melt on top of it.
- On top of the white candy melt, use a small dot of Royal Icing to attach the candy eyes, pink nose and chocolate sprinkle whiskers. Tweezers and/or toothpicks can come in handy when you place the nose and whiskers.
- Cut each marshmallow in half crosswise. Dip the sticky side of the marshmallow in the pink colored sugar. Use a drop of Royal Icing to attach the bunny's ears.
- Let dry overnight and store in an airtight container.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments