Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bunny Truffles
Chocolate cookie dough balls coated in white chocolate are pretty fabulous by themselves, so why not make them even better and turn them into little edible bunnies? Just add some white chocolate bunny ears, pink button noses, pearl white candy tails, and then draw on a face with an edible marker.
You might want to make extra because this is one of those recipes where you'll eat more than one "sample" during assembly.
This recipe makes 24 chocolate cookie dough bunny truffles, which can easily be turned into truffle pops. Just insert a lollipop stick in the bottom.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 (10-oz.) bag white chocolate melting disks (preferred brand Ghirardelli)
- Pink candy melts (optional)
- Pink heart sprinkles
- Black edible marker
- White candy coated chocolate ball candies
- To make truffles, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy with an electric mixer on medium-high speed. Add vanilla and cream. Reduce speed to low and add flour and salt. Continue to beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill mixture for 30 minutes.
- Roll chilled dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- To make bunny ears, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt white chocolate and pink disks according to package directions. Add approximately 1/4 cup of white chocolate to a piping bag or a plastic zip top bag. Cut a very small hole and pipe 48 1-inch oval shapes. If using pink, add a small amount to a plastic bag and add a pink center to each oval. Set aside to harden.
- With the remaining white chocolate, dip the cookie dough balls into the melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper and add 2 ears, a pink heart for the nose, and a white candy for the tail. Let harden completely.
- Using a black edible marker, draw on eyes and a mouth. Keep chilled until ready to serve.