Christmas Button Wreath
Deck the halls this Christmas with a gorgeous wreath made from buttons and built using our homemade sugar glue recipe. Kids will enjoy sorting the buttons and arranging them just so to create a one-of-a-kind piece of holiday artwork.
- Homemade Sugar Glue
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8x8 linen canvas
- 150-200 green buttons
- 20 red buttons
- Red ribbon
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make decoupage. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Trace two circles onto the canvas -- one large circle and another smaller circle to create the outline of the wreath.
- Dab homemade decoupage onto the canvas inside the wreath outline and press the green buttons into place. You’ll want a thick coat to ensure the buttons stick well.
- Add another layer of green buttons to create dimension, then glue on the red buttons.
- Create a bow with the red ribbon and glue it into place below your wreath.
- Allow to dry completely before displaying.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments