Kettle Corn Paper Turkey Leg Favors
These turkey legs are a super cute Thanksgiving place card for the kid's table. Putting the popcorn in a plastic sandwich bag helps to ensure that you don't get any oil marks on your lunch bags. This craft is very simple and kids will love having a popcorn turkey leg to snack on before dinner is served.
- Kettle Corn
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 plastic sandwich bags
- 4 brown paper lunch bags
- 4 strips white paper, cut 1-inch wide
- 4 white paper heart cutouts
- Add coconut oil and 3 popcorn kernels to a large pot with a tight fitting lid. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until all 3 kernels pop.
- Remove the popped kernels. Add the rest of the popcorn kernels and sugar. Cover and take the pot off of the heat. Wait 30 seconds.
- Put the pot back on the heat. Cook, shaking the pot occasionally until the popping slows down. After about 2 minutes, and the popping has slowed, take the lid off of the pot. This lets the steam out and keeps the popcorn crisp.
- Sprinkle with salt and let cool.
- Staple white strips and white paper hearts to form the leg of the turkey.
- Put servings of kettle corn in individual sandwich bags.
- Place a bag inside of a paper lunch bag. Shape the paper bag into a drumstick shape. Cut the bottom of the brown paper bag and insert the white strip (turkey leg) inside the bag.
- Staple shut.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments