Paper Chain Christmas Craft
Remember how fun it is to make paper chains? Our Christmas-inspired paper chains will help get your little ones into the holiday spirit. To set up this craft, you just need strips of construction paper in various Christmas colors.
Set out cotton balls for Santa's beard, markers, and sugar glue to attach embellishments onto your paper chains. You can make just about anything your imagination comes up with. A few ideas to get you started - Santa, a Christmas tree, and a snowman. A fun idea would be to make a Christmas countdown calendar out of paper chain. Your little ones can tear off a chain each day until Christmas.
- Edible Sugar Glue
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- assorted colors construction paper (cut into 1” by 4” strips)
- sugar glue
- cotton balls
- paper stars
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture. Let cool.
- Bring two sides of a piece of construction paper into a loop. Staple shut.
- Loop another piece of construction paper through the first loop to create a chain.
- Continue until you have desired length. Alternate colors to create patterns and shapes. Decorate with stickers and markers.