Spooky Frankenstein Pudding Cups
These ghoulishly green Frankenstein pudding desserts will be the talk of your Halloween party. Give homemade vanilla pudding a green and draw Frankie's face on plastic cocktail glasses with a permanent marker. Hot glue gold foiled caramel candies for his plugs and give him some crazy, crumbly cookie crumb hair. Kids and adults alike will love this sweet treat.
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- green gel food coloring
- 2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 12 gold foiled caramel candies (Roll-o)
- 6 plastic cocktail glasses
- black permanent marker
- hot glue gun
- To make the pudding, heat 4 cups of milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble around the edges.
- In a large bowl or batter bowl, whisk sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the egg yolks and 1/2 cup milk. Whisk until pale yellow in color. Use a ladle to add one ladle of hot milk at a time, whisking constantly. Slowly add half of the milk mixture.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a bubble, whisking constantly. Cook for an additional two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Strain through a sieve to catch any cooked egg pieces. Add green food coloring.
- Divide pudding evenly among cups. Top with crushed cookie crumbs. Use a marker to draw on face and stitches on forehead. Use glue gun to glue caramel candies for plugs. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments