Vampire's Blood White Hot Chocolate
Halloween night can be chilly. Come home from trick-or-treating and warm your bones with Vampire Blood White Hot Chocolate. Delicious and rich homemade white hot chocolate topped with lots of whipped cream and drizzled with gooey strawberry syrup. It might look creepy, but it tastes perfectly delicious.
This white hot chocolate will be a conversation starter at your Halloween party. Older children especially love the creepy factor and the recipe is easy enough for your little goblins to make too.
- Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- Whipped cream
- Strawberry syrup (recipe below)
- Strawberry Syrup
- 1 cup ripe strawberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Add half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, white chocolate, and salt to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until chocolate melts and comes to a simmer, being careful not to come to a boil.
- Ladle into mugs. Top with whipped cream and strawberry syrup.
- To make Strawberry syrup: add strawberries, sugar, and water to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and let cook until the strawberries break down, about 5 minutes. Strain berries out and pour syrup into a jar.
- Tint with red food coloring if needed. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.