Finger Painted Christmas Treat Bags
Sometimes the packaging is better than the actual gift. Little ones can make personalized treat bags with artwork made from their fingerprints. Fill the bags with treats for their class, the grandparents, or caregivers.
Kids will love how creative the pictures on the bags are, and all you need is some homemade finger paint and markers. Our finger paint recipe is non-toxic and perfectly safe (and maybe a little delicious) if it makes its way into littles ones mouths.
We made a Christmas tree, Santa?s elves, penguins, and Christmas light bags that your friends and family will love to receive. Fill bags with your favorite holiday treat.
- Homemade Finger Paint
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 cups water
- green, red, yellow, and blue food coloring
- White paper bags
- Homemade finger paint
- hole punch
- Have child add fingerprints in desired design on bag. Let dry completely.
- Add embellishments like faces and decorations with markers.
- Fold the top of the bag down and punch two holes. Thread ribbons through and tie a bow.
Directions for Homemade Finger Paints:
- Mix sugar, corn starch and water together in a saucepan. Stirring with a whisk, heat mixture over medium heat. Once it begins to thicken, remove from heat. Add water if a mixture is too thick.
- Divide paint mixture equally between four bowls and add four drops of food coloring to each.
- Store paint in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.