Corn Cob Craft
Celebrate the fall harvest with adorably crafted corn on the cob. Little ones can learn how corn grows and make a 3D cob of their own. This activity is perfect for the fall harvest or can be used to make colored Indian corn for Halloween or Thanksgiving decorations. You can dye your kernels using this tutorial.
- Edible Sugar Glue
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 toilet paper rolls
- yellow paint
- paint brushes
- green construction paper
- sugar glue (recipe follows)
- 2 cups popcorn kernels
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture. Let cool.
- Paint the toilet paper rolls yellow. Let dry.
- Cut ovals approximately, 4 inches long and 2 inches wide to be the corn husks.
- When the paint is fully dry, paint sugar glue all over the surface of the paper roil.
- Roll the toilet paper roll in popcorn kernels.
- Glue the husks to the sides of the corn cob. Let dry.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments