Decoupage Yarn Art
April showers bring May yarn art flowers! Making yarn flowers will brighten up everyone's day. Begin by making our homemade sugar glue recipe that is completely edible and good for using when you are going to get your hands messy. The clean up is easy, the glue just dissolves (and tastes pretty good too if some just happens to get into little mouths).
This activity is creative, fun and kids can use their imaginations to make whatever kind of flower they like. They can add details such as a sky and grass, or put the flowers into a pot. Great for fine motor skills too.
- Edible Sugar Glue
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- card stock
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cup of cold water. Add boiling water. Stir to combine and let come to room temperature.
- Use a pencil to outline the shape of the flowers onto the card stock.
- Cut yarn into long pieces.
- Use your finger or a paint brush to apply homemade glue. Add the yarn to the glue in a circular shape (see photo above) and continue until the picture is complete. Let dry completely.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments