Glittery Photo Ornaments
Here's a simple and easy Christmas craft for little ones. Glittery photo ornaments are doubly special. First because its a family activity that you do together; second because it becomes a keepsake as the years fly by. In addition to being an ornament, this craft can also be used as a gift tag. In this instance you can use a picture of the person for whom the gift is for and attach it to their present. They'll be no doubt which present belongs to whom under the tree!
To get started, simply cut out some rounds of colored card stock. Cut a picture into a smaller round and glue to the card stock. Decorate your ornament with glitter and tie a ribbon to attach. These ornaments are sweet to look at and will bring back many holiday memories for years to come.
- Sugar Paste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- Card stock
- Sugar paste
- Paint brushes
- Hole punch
- Make the sugar paste: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cup of cold water. Add boiling water. Stir to combine and let come to room temperature.
- Make the ornaments: Trace circles onto card stock using a glass.
- Using a smaller glass, trace a circle around the photo.
- Cut out and attach to the card stock using sugar paste.
- Paint designs around the edges and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- Punch a hole into the top and attach a ribbon to hang.