Pumpkin Patch Rolls
Bring the pumpkin patch inside your house! Kids and adults alike will love these adorable little Pumpkin Patch Rolls. Arrange these on a plate and they are an instant table centerpiece - until they are gobbled up!
An easy recipe for your kids during any fall holiday, your beginning bakers will have fun making these rolls. They can make the dough, shape it, and create their own little garden full of pumpkins. Kids love these, and are great for Halloween or Thanksgiving meals.
The rolls go beautifully as a brunch item with fruit and coffee. You'll taste the mildly spiced flavor that goes perfectly with savory or sweet items. Or, you can serve these rolls for dinner and your guests will be impressed with the look and the taste, as they pair well with any main course. Add a pat of butter and these rolls are even more divine!
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment mix 2 cups of flour and the yeast.
- In another bowl, mix together milk, pumpkin, butter, brown sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into the flour mixture. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape the bowl and mix on high for 3 minutes.
- Switch the dough hook and add 2 more cups of flour. Knead on medium until the dough is smooth and elastic, adding more flour as needed.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl. Cover, and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 to 1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto floured surface. Divide dough into 16 pieces. Roll into ball shapes. Using a knife, cut 8 slices into the side of the dough. Transfer to two parchment lined baking sheets. Break the pretzels in half and insert one half into the center of the dough. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the rolls are golden and make a hollow sound when tapped. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, tint royal icing green and add to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip. Draw vines and leaves on top of rolls.