- Cheesecake Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Cheesecake Filling
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, very soft at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 tablespoons amaretto
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Brush melted butter into a 9-inch springform pan. Combine graham crackers, melted butter and sugar and press firmly into bottom of pan.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes and set aside.
- Combine soft cream cheese and sugar on low speed until no cheese lumps remain.
- Add one egg at a time waiting for the previous added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl well between additions.
- Add sour cream and combine. Then, add vanilla extract and amaretto. Set aside.
- Wrap springform pan with 2 layers of aluminum foil and place on a jelly roll pan or other pan with high edges.
- Pour cheesecake batter into springform pan. Set pan into the oven. Pour an inch of hot water into the jelly roll pan to create a water bath.
- Bake for approximately 70-80 minutes or until center of cake no longer trembles.
- Using oven mittens to lift springform pan out water bath and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. (Remove water bath when oven is cold.)
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
For a creamy cheesecake, always mix the ingredients on very low speed and mix as little as possible. Beating on high speed will result in a dry crumbly cheesecake.