- One 9-inch Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup or sugar cane syrup (such as Steen’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare or thaw a 9-inch pie crust. Place in pie pan on a foil or parchment lined cookie tray for easy clean-up after baking.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat eggs in a bowl until frothy and then blend in sugar.
- Stir in syrup, vanilla, bourbon, salt and melted butter mixture until well blended.
- Arrange pecans on the bottom of pie crust and carefully pour mixture over them.
- Place in oven at 400°F. After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 350°F and bake until the filling is set and slightly puffed, about 45 minutes.
To dress up the top of the pie as we have shown, place a paper doily on top of the cooled pie, sift powdered sugar over it and then gently lift the doily off of the pie. Rim the edge of the pie along the crust with fresh pecan halves.
Looking for an alcohol-free version? Try this Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe.