- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60% cocoa mass), chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using a mixer with whip attachment whip eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until thick and pale, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place chocolate, butter and salt in microwave oven proof bow. Using 10 second intervals heat until chocolate is melted. Stirring occasionally in between heating.
- Gently mix melted chocolate into beaten egg mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Sift flour and baking powder and fold into above.
- Allow batter to sit and consequently firm up for a few minutes.
- Drop tablespoon amounts on parchment lined cookies sheets.
- Place in oven until center of cookies no longer tremble and are slightly puffed in center.
- Allow to cool on sheets.
- Turn half of cookies upside down and fill with peanut butter. Top with other half.
- If using high quality chocolate use recipe as is; however if using chocolate chips (intended for chocolate chip cookies) add 2 extra tablespoons of butter.
- These delicious cookie brownies can be made a day ahead and stored at room temperature or in a refrigerator. Try filling cookies with ice cream or sorbet instead of peanut butter for a great twist!