Mama’s Pecan Pie
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) melted margarine or butter
- 1 deep pie shell or 2 regular pie shells - I like the regular ones
- Beat eggs well add sugar Karo syrup, salt, nuts, vanilla and butter or margarine in pot cook over medium heat just until sugar has melted.
- You do not want it to burn so watch carefully it will just be warm. You do not want it hot.
- Pour into pie shells and bake at 325°F until pie puffs up in middle and it will be done. It should be a golden brown; it could take a little longer to bake until center cracks open.
Source URL: https://www.dixiecrystals.com/recipes/mama-s-pecan-pie