Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: Crush enough graham crackers with a rolling pin to obtain 1 cup. Add melted butter and sugar and combine well. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch diameter springform pan and place in oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Reduce oven to 325°F.
- When springform pan is cool enough to handle, place on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap outside of pan with foil. Ensure that no water could penetrate thru foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- To make cheesecake: Beat soft cream cheese and sugar on low speed until well blended and no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well. Add one egg at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl and beater in between additions.
- Add peanut butter, milk, and vanilla. Add chocolate chips into batter and mix gently. Pour in springform pan.
- Pour water into roasting pan about an inch high and place in oven.
- Bake until center of cake no longer trembles when tapping sides of pan, about 90 minutes.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around edge and bottom of cheesecake and cut into desired size. Drizzle with chocolate ganche if desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- Cheesecakes cook from the outside in. To check for doneness, shake the pan gently. When the center no longer trembles your cheesecake should be ready.
- This cheesecake can easily be made without use of a machine, just ensure that cheese is soft and at room temperature. If using a mixer only mix on lowest speed to prevent incorporation of air cells. Air cells make cheesecake rise during baking and once removed from oven will make it fall and crack.