- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Divide 3 tablespoons butter into cups of your Pop Over Pan. (If you don’t own one, you can use a muffin tin, but you will need to use all 12 cups. Just divide butter up evenly.) Place pan in oven for 3 to 5 minutes while you are making batter.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with milk, vanilla and sugar, then whisk in flour and salt. Pour batter into butter filled cups.
- Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for another 20 minutes. Drizzle with Caramel Pecan Syrup or Brown Sugar Syrup, whipped cream and berries, if desired.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.