- 1 red onion sliced into thin rings
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pack as many onion rings into a quart-size jar with a tight fitting lid as you can. Set aside.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar pepper flakes, salt and garlic in medium- sized pot. Bring to a boil and carefully pour hot liquid over onions.
- Place lid on jar and screw on just until you feel a little resistance.
- When cool, place in refrigerator and allow to set for at least 24 hours.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.