- 3 ounces soft butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 64 ounces apple cider
- 8 ounces dark spiced rum
- Cream butter until soft using a hand or stand mixer.
- Add sugar and spices and mix until combined. (This can be made in advance.)
- Place apple cider in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Put 1 teaspoon of spice butter in bottom of each mug. Pour some of hot apple cider on top of butter, filling mug, but leaving room at top to add rum.
- Add 1 ounce of spiced rum and stir until butter melts and is well combined. Garnish with cinnamon stick, if desired.
Source URL: https://www.dixiecrystals.com/recipes/hot-buttered-cider-rum