- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup green olives
- 1/3 cup capers
- 4 bay leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Place chicken breasts in base of slow cooker.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, olives, capers, bay leaves, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over chicken. Top with brown sugar and white wine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Serve over rice and top with parsley.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- Don’t be alarmed by the amount of garlic. It mellows as it cooks and is not overwhelming at all.
- This recipe can be started the day before by putting all of the ingredients except for the wine and sugar in a large plastic bag. When ready to cook, add the bagged ingredients to the slow cooker, top with sugar and wine, and dinner is done!